12/14/18

Ruckus

Do you ever get that uneasy feeling as though you aren't alone when you know for a fact that you are? This feeling is common for me, more often than not I feel like someone else is in the room with me when there is no one else in the house. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really, never alone, and sometimes I wonder if I'm just going crazy. 

Unusual things happen to me quite a bit, like this morning when I was sleeping on couch. I was woken up suddenly by a very loud, raspy voice yelling "RUCKUS" into my left ear. I literally gasped for air and jolted up looking around for someone that wasn't there.
I felt extremely dizzy, as if I hadn't taken a breath in a long time or like I had been spinning around for hours and my ear felt like it was too big, almost as though something was inside of it stretching it out.

When I gasped and jumped up I immediately noticed that my dog was hiding in the hallway and refused to come into the living room until I stumbled my way to the washroom, then she followed me back into the room. 

Ruckus seems like a very strange word to yell at someone, unless you are announcing that you are going to cause a ruckus. I may have misheard, maybe it yelled something more sinister or comical but I don't think that I misheard. 
My first thought was "what a strange word to yell" and now I'm left questioning if it was announcing that it was planning to cause a ruckus, or if it was trying to order me to cause a ruckus, or maybe it just thought it would be funny to wake someone up using such an odd word and there is no meaning behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment